Tuesday, February 1

Dominican Republic - how i love thee

These past couple of days I have really had the Dominican Republic on my heart. I think it was because a friend from church and I ended up talking about our missions trip last summer and how she was trying to decide whether she wanted to go or not. I just told her about the trip and then I have not been able to shake the images I saw, or the feelings I felt....so I thought I would do another Dominican picture post....

Our Childrens Crusade was AMAZING!! We had a sea of children before us, and though it was a bit crazy, (balloon issues, mobs of kids for candy, language barriers, and windy conditions) it was the highlight of my trip. I could spot in the crowd all the kids that we had been ministering to throughout the week and it was exciting that they came out.

Our nightly crusades were powerful and emotional. SOOOO many people and it was astounding to think that our little church from Benton Arkansas (centerpointfamily.org) pulled this together. 1/3 of the city came to know Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior.... 1/3!!!!!!! that is mind boggling!!!

Our amazing team (except for Kevin Looney) who was in the back of the crowd. We had such a great team, we didn't have any fights, everyone worked together, we had a lot of laughs, a lot of fun, and we will remember this for the rest of our lives!

Such sweet and happy people.


If I could have brought Adella home with me...... I would have. She was precious, we got to minister to her side of town twice, and I had the pleasure of being on that team both times. She was healed of some shoulder problems I believe on the first stop, and then she just loved on us in the next stop. She invited us to come to her house and have lunch with her ..... just flat our precious.

Patrick praying for a baby with stomach problems....

Their lives in this little town. This was a common scene that we came across. They had nothing, lived WAY below our poverty level, didn't have good water.....and they were happy. It completely changed my whole thought process on life in general.

It was a life changing experience and I am SO glad I went. If you ever get a chance to go on a missions trip.... do it. You will never be the same again....

Have a great day, and be a blessing to someone.
~mandy~

0 comments: